Massive amounts of nodes created in navigation component (200k+ nodes in some apps)

Hi, Tried contacting support via email but they referred me here. We have a module that has gone completely nuts after some migration was done to it. It contains a navigation component with a lot of navigation items and most of them use the App type. However, even for those with the App type, if we click on Custom it shows an INSANE amount of util.openApp() event handlers. Far too many to be able to delete by hand and it's causing any app that includes the module to have a massive amount of nodes in the dependency graph (around 200K).
We tried downloading the module as JSON in the hopes of understanding the schema and be able to clean it up that way but it is 42 MB already so that was a nog-go. Really need some help from someone at Retool to help us clean this up.
I also find it very strange that parts of a component that is not activated is even being included as nodes, but that's another topic.

Really need help with this, tried reaching out to support and on discord but no has been able to help yet.

Due to complete lack of feedback from Retool we have had to rebuild the entire module from scratch...

Hi @Lewenhaupt, rebuilding the entire module from scratch must have been tedious. I'm sorry your team had to go through that. I have not been able to find other reports of this issue and I'm unable to reproduce it. If you share the JSON with us, we could take a closer look.

Did we try using previous versions of the module through history or release versions? Knowing what type of migration was done to the module would also give us more context to try and recreate this bug.
‚Äč

On the other hand, due to the increased volume of questions on the forum, it takes us about a week (in average) to get to most new topics. We are doing our best to get back to all of our users as fast as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding! :slightly_smiling_face:

PS: You could join Office Hours to get live help on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11am-12pm PST.

Yeah I can't share it here as the max size for uploads seems to be 4MB and the export we did prior to fixing it is 42MB.
I checked previous versions and can confirm the issue occurred between two releases on the 23rd of January this year. Can't really inspect the diff though as it's too large to diff and display.

42MB for a JSON file is massive indeed. If you would still like us to take a look at it, feel free to share a public url for where you decide to store it (e.g Google Drive, S3 bucket). On the other hand, expanding on the type of changes that were made between versions would help us identify what caused this bug. This could prevent other users from running into the same issue.

As your team continues building, please let us know if you ever run into any issues, although it currently takes some time for us to get back to you, we are always happy to help in any way we can. :slightly_smiling_face: