Keep base name of duplicated (copied) query

When you duplicate a query, the new query is named query24 or something like that.

It would save a bit of time and annoyance if it took the base name like when you copy qryProjectStatusSelect the new name is qryProjectStatusSelect2 or qryProjectStatusSelect_copy.

This happens when you copy a component. txtName becomes txtName2.

4 Likes

+1

+1

As for suffix, I vote for _copy being appended, as you could have queries like degrees90, degrees180, etc. that might look odd as degrees902.

For a sequence of copies, _copy(2), _copy(3) isn't bad, especially compared to _copy_copy etc.

2 Likes

This is great. And appending (1) or copy(1) also definitely makes sense. I’ve run into this many times myself. Filing internally!

1 Like

query1_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy_copy

:laughing: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

All ideas are valid and welcomed, but that one might be a little less valid :joy:

2 Likes

We should be a shipping an improvement based on this ticket soon! Just waiting for the next deploy. Thank you all for your feedback here :slightly_smiling_face:

Excellent! I did notice that it is already working for duplicating an app.

1 Like