New feature Copy Queries

Hello fellow Retoolers, Id love to have the option to copy and paste queries to other apps. This works fine with components, but each time I want to copy and paste a query I notice; doesnt work lol.

Would be awesome to have this.

Best, guude

1 Like

Hi @guudewie, welcome to the forum! :wave:

We can use the Query Library to create queries and use them from any app.

Hi @Paulo,
Thank you for the reply. That is indeed helpful. However, I was more referring to the possibility to literally copy and paste queries, as it works with components.

Thanks in advance.

Philipp

Thank you for clarifying! :slightly_smiling_face:

If we made this possible, queries that have a reference to a component within an app would only work on a different app if the component on the latter had the exact same name and properties.

Are we looking for a way to to include the "Data source" of a component when we copy it from one app and paste it on another?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to collect details of the use case so I can attach them to the Feature Request.

It will be really cool to have copy/paste at least within the same app.

Real case: I have admin panel with 160+ queries and most of them simple CRUD queries. I can't copy and paste queries to setup new entity, I need to copy them manually one by one.

Thanks for your feedback @Mark_Shcherbakov! I added it to the FR. :slightly_smiling_face: