JSON Schema Form ui widget select | Right value selected but wrong displayed

• Goal: Create a dropdown with name and value where name is of type string and value is object

• Steps: Created a sample app using PlayGround example (Enumerated Objects): react-jsonschema-form playground

JSON Schema:
{
"definitions": {
"locations": {
"enumNames": [
"New York",
"Amsterdam",
"Hong Kong"
],
"enum": [
{
"name": "New York",
"lat": 40,
"lon": 74
},
{
"name": "Amsterdam",
"lat": 52,
"lon": 5
},
{
"name": "Hong Kong",
"lat": 22,
"lon": 114
}
]
}
},
"type": "object",
"properties": {
"location": {
"title": "Location",
"$ref": "#/definitions/locations"
},
"locationRadio": {
"title": "Location Radio",
"$ref": "#/definitions/locations"
}
}
}

UI Schema:
{

"location": {
"ui:widget": "select"
},
"locationRadio": {
"ui:widget": "radio"
}
}

Hi @Shruti_Sarraf! Thanks for reaching out and for making such a detailed post. It's super helpful to have the screenshots and app JSON. :slight_smile:

It looks like you've discovered a bug! As you noted, the actual value of the select dropdown is correct but it doesn't reflect that visually. This doesn't seem like behavior that has been reported previously, either, so I will be sure to put in a new ticket and update here when we have it fixed!

Thanks again and happy building.

Thanks @Darren
Meanwhile, can you please suggest some workaround to avoid this issue?

Of course! I don't believe Retool's native "Select" component supports object values, so your intuition to use the "JSON Schema Form" component, instead, is right on the money. The workaround I came up with could use the standard "Select" component, if you prefer, and isn't super elegant, per se, but it gets the job done. :sweat_smile:

The first thing I did is change the enum values from objects to integers:

The idea is that these are indices that we'll use to key into an array of objects, where our actual location information is stored. We can use a transformer to map these indices to actual data objects, as such:

Whenever we want to pull the selected value from the form, all we have to do is call transformer1.value:

I hope that helps and is relevant to your use case! We'll be here if you have any additional questions. :slight_smile: