JSON Schema Form onChange Event handler

Hi All!

I'm building out an environment control app and I'm using the JSON Schema form component as an interface to control how the model is updated and how the data is visually displayed in the interface.

This means that I need to be able to trigger a query to update the model whenever any value on the form is updated, not just when it's submitted.

Has anyone had any luck adding an onChange event handler to the JSON Schema form? The event handlers dropdown select only allows me to add Submit events as far as I can tell.

in the documentation, there is an onChange handler, so I don't see why I shouldn't be able to add one on retool.

Really hope I'm just missing something obvious here, because I've spent a lot of time making this form work dynamically with the model data, and it would be a great tragedy for me if I fell down at the final hurdle here.

Screenshot attached for clarity

2 Likes

Hi @Fred_Logan, I'm sorry that you got all the way here and this limitation of the component is blocking you. I made a Feature Request for this event handler. We'll update you with any new from our devs.

On the meantime, what if we duplicate the app and use individual components with "onChange" event handlers that make the necessary requests to update the table? I know it is a lot to ask but I cannot give you an estimate on when this feature will be added.

1 Like