Issue downloading from S3

Hi! I'm having an issue downloading from s3 in the correct format. 4 days ago everything was fine. I was able to download successful but this week, retool downloads all files regardless of extension as a .txt file.

Enginners have tried to trouble shoot but cant seem to get to the buttom of it.

However retool is able to upload documents to s3 successfully and those same documents download back correctly but all documents uploaded through the customer facing website does not seem to download correctly.

We also found that if we just rename the files downloaded from .txt to pdf for example it will open correctly.

I'm wondering if there is a bug with retool preventing it from calling the files extension correctly or is there a transformer script we can write to solve this issue?

Hi Anyone else had this issue before?

Hey @sofluna!

This is an issue the dev team is actively looking into.

Thanks for surfacing this issue as well as your workaround :slightly_smiling_face: So far, in our testing, it also seems to work if the filename explicitly includes the correct extension in S3.

Either way though, definitely a bug. We should have a fix soon and I'll let you know here when we do!

Hi Kabirdas!

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just checking to know if there's been any solution on your end with this bug?

Hey @sofluna!

There's a fix for this that should be going out with version 2.106.0 which we expect to release later this week.