Is it possible to install NPM packages or use a React application inside Retool?

I have an application created with Retool in which I need to add a flow to create registrations that can support payments using Authorize.net to handle payments, there are some NPM packages that I could use to make the integration with Authorize (react-acceptjs) but in the documentation I have seen so far from Retool there is nothing that helps me for the use case I need, I checked the option to create a custom component but still I can not use Authorize. net because it is required to use the UMD version of the library and as far as I researched there is no such thing for Authorize.net, Do you have any idea what I could do in this case ?

I was thinking of creating a React application that has the packages I need and then embed that application in Retool but I am not sure if that is possible.

your best bet would be to try and add a custom library. this can only be done w a cdn which for you can be found here: react-acceptjs CDN by jsDelivr - A CDN for npm and GitHub

there are a few good tips by @alex-w and @Tess covering custom libraries here:
https://community.retool.com/t/how-does-custom-javascript-libraries-npm-modules-work/2221/17

Then I thought I'd include this quote from the docs that not only suggested you might be able to use a custom component instead but also points out the file requirements:

CDNJS lists libraries you can load. Retool recommends you load the minified, UMD build, usually named with the format <library>.min.js . Non-minified builds usually require @require or import statements. Some libraries are not compatible with Retool, and you may need to use these in custom components.

@Kaizen If that answered your question/problem I'd appreciate it if you marked it as a solution for others in the future that have the same question. Otherwise, please feel free to tag me if you have other questions or if my reply wasn't complete enough or just didn't make sense. thanks!

1 Like

Your tips are very helpful, thank you very much @bobthebear

1 Like