How to know password for default Retool database?

Hello!

I am new one to Retool. I find out that in Resources I have already added some default Retool Postgre database connection, host something like this - retool-managed-database.cf9tgkwb.us-east-2.rds.amazonaws.com

I wanted to connect to this database from PgAdmin, but I cant find out where to see password for this connection. Can anyone help me?!

Admins can view connection strings on the Connection tab in the Settings modal, accessed from the dropdown on the Retool Database title.

More help here : Retool Database quickstart | Retool Docs

That password I found, looks like it it different database from this Postgre resource, which also already was added in resources?!

I'm using the free version of Retool and have only one Database available named Retool. All infos I needed to connect Power BI to it was in the connection URL, but it seems it is not your case.

I used this article as guidance in my case : Connect Power BI to retool PostgreSQL database - Queries and Resources - Retool Forum

This also was for free version, so I wanted to find out, how to connect to this database.

I provided you all the infos, it worked for me :slight_smile:

Hey @gatis89, as @Nicolas_Le_Jeune mentioned, you can find your connection string information for RetoolDB on the Connection tab in the Settings modal, accessed from the dropdown on the Retool Database title. We have some docs on this here.

Are you looking for the DB user password for the veikals_db resource? That looks like one of the preloaded dbs for demo data (ie: onboarding_db), but perhaps renamed by someone in your org? Unfortunately we do not give our connection string information for those dbs, but you are able to connect to the RetoolDB from external sources.

Let me know if you have any other questions.