How to get Retool DB connection string

• Goal: access the Retool DB using a SQL client through the connection string

• Steps: I tried looking in the top right corner menu, close to the usage tab (in other projects I find there the connection string)

• Screenshots:

1 Like

Hi @Gabriele_Filaferro,

You need to be an admin of the org to be able to see it.

Hi @MiguelOrtiz
I'm admin of the org but I can't see it. I also tried with another admin account but he too can't see it.

Am I missing something?

Hi @bobthebear,

Indeed that's where it should be, but it doesn't seem to be the case for @Gabriele_Filaferro. I thought the admin thing would have been the cause... but now I have no other ideas :thinking:

I guess the Retool team will need to chip into this one

1 Like

I didn't even notice that, Waldo always did elude me :sob:. any who, @Gabriele_Filaferro are you using the default resource settings on this page:

also, i see you've double checked you have the 'All Users' permission group, did you also happen to check what the group has access to?

i've accidently fat fingered something and removed permissions from a group on accident (the pizza was more important) without noticing...... shock :smile:

1 Like

Hey @Gabriele_Filaferro, there are a very small number of orgs where this hasn't been enabled yet. Looks like you are one of them. I'll switch you over now and the connection details should be there.

Let me know if you are able to see them when you check next. Thanks!

4 Likes