FTP Client to my own ftp server

Hi,
I have an FTP server. How do I build a retool client to PUT and GET files. things like ls?
I don't see any examples or tutorials.
I don't want to use S3 I want to use my own FTP server

Hi @stephen1215 since it's your own FTP server and it sounds like you aren't using one of Retool's integrations my first guess would be to explore connecting to it through a REST API. Do you have something like that for your FTP server?

I have a similar issue here. I have a table with data in Retool that I want to upload as a CSV file on an external server via (S)FTP. I couldn't find anything in the docs.

Hey @tuncpolat! Just to clarify here, we don't have a built-in FTP connector at the moment, also moving this into feature requests for that reason :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Kabirdas
I noticed the ssh2-sftp-client package is available. Has the feature been implemented yet?

@tuncpolat thanks for asking. There hasn't been movement on implementing an FTP connector yet. For similar use cases, many Retool users choose to use S3 instead. Would that potentially be a suitable alternative? See relevant docs for reference: Connect to Amazon S3 and S3-compatible services | Retool Docs and Query S3 data | Retool Docs

We'll keep collecting interest here and adding +1s to the internal feature request so that the product/eng team can track interest in the building an out-of-the-box FTP connector in Retool. It's not currently on the roadmap.

Was there any movement on this? I am needing to access log files on my ftp server. It is only accessible through ftp (not an api)