It would be great if Retool included an image gallery component , or some way to visualize an album of images.
I’m thinking something along the lines of:
- Display image thumbnails in a grid
- Clicking on an image opens up a modal / lightbox where you can see the image in greater detail.
- Ideally, can use left and right arrows to navigate if the modal is open
Or is there a simple way to build something like this using already available components? I’m currently envisioning the workaround being:
- Creating a custom component for the image grid. Use material-ui GridList or something along those lines. CustomComponent is needed because there’s no simple way to create a grid within Retool, is there?
- Create a Modal element in Retool. Creating a modal within the CustomComponent doesn’t work because then the modal would just open within the iframe, as opposed to the entire screen.
- Clicking on an image inside the custom component opens the Retool modal. This is not hard to do, but non trivial.