Editing checkbox field and clicking save does nothing

I have added some tables and marked one field as editable ("private" which is a boolean). The checkbox works fine, but when i click save to finalize the change, nothing happens. Refreshing the table and everything I try doesn't seem to make any difference. How can I debug why the Save button isn't working. This is the first test I've done with Retool just to see if it can work for our team, the first edit I've ever tried.

Welcome to the forum!
Any chance you can post some screenshots/code of how you are attempting to execute the save button?

clicking save on this just hangs and doesn't go away. there is no code i just selected edit on that field, ticked the checkbox and it doesn't work.

Now my projects seem like they are gone, I have projects for about a year ago now, and the other ones are totally gone. I can still see the views but I don't see the projects I created yesterday.

https://automatique.retool.com/apps/0527351e-e00f-11ee-8565-e724cc5e2fae/Listicle

(link to the view i created for a project called "Listicle")

Now I only see projects from 8 months ago

This system is really so weird, I have two accounts under the same email, here I found the one from yesterday, but only because the session was still open.

I think I might have figured out why it's not saving, if I do it from the Edit view it says there is no event handler set up yet (whatever that means).

I really want to use this service, but the UI is so terrible.

Do you guys have any place where we can see (and suggest) UI updates?

If I'm setting a field to be editable, and it won't work without an event trigger, why wouldn't the UI tell me that. It's really crazy bad.

Why do you have two accounts under the same email?
Additionally, while some people may prefer different platforms, I would think they would at least read the documentation and try the platform out after having read some of it and then make a judgement as to whether the platform is for them or not. My suggestion is for you to take the time to read about how the components work and what is available or not available innately within a component before you begin to make feature requests.

Hi @Beau_Django, welcome to the forum! :wave:

Here are a few great resources to get started with Retool:

1. Web apps introduction
  2. Web apps tutorial
  3. Event handlers
  4. SQL Cheatsheet
  5. When you hit a wall building an app, search in the docs and forum. Most likely, someone has run into a similar issue.

Happy building! :hammer_and_pick: