[DOUBT/BUG REPORT] Calling workflows on different environments

Hello! Hope you are all doing well :).

In the company I work for, we've been making software using retool workflows. Of course, this type of software have breaking changes so we test it using different environments. Currently, we have staging and productions env's enabled at retool.

The thing is our workflows communicate with each other, and before we did it using simple REST query's blocks, using environment as a queryparam on the workflow route.

Captura de pantalla 2023-08-09 a la(s) 17.11.26

The thing is that sometimes this type of requests get throttled or the request just times out, so we want a better way to do it. We saw this new query blocks that executes workflows:

Captura de pantalla 2023-08-09 a la(s) 17.17.26

But this doesn't work because it always executes the next workflow on production, even when we execute the first one on staging.

Captura de pantalla 2023-08-09 a la(s) 17.16.16

Are we doing something wrong or this is not the expected behaviour, or maybe it's a bug?

Take care everyone!

1 Like

+1 to this - I'm also seeing this issue. Would be nice if there was maybe a dropdown to choose which env to run the workflow in.

2 Likes

Hey folks! Thanks for reporting this. It looks likely that this is a bug on our end, or a feature that was missed in the overlap between workflows blocks and environments. We have been able to reproduce the issue, have brought it to the dev team, and can let you know here when it's resolved.

In the meantime, triggering the webhook via a REST resource may be the best way to go. Are there particular instances where you're currently running into throttling issues?

Hey @Mitchel_Jimenez and @CWhite the behavior of this should be fixed in 3.10 so that workflows are run in the same environment as the app/workflow that triggers them. Let me know if you're still having issues!

Hello @Kabirdas, thank you a lot for ur help! We will be sure to try and see if it's fixed!

I'll let you know

It is working perfectly! @Kabirdas thank you a lot. Have a wonderful day and week!