Date Time component breaks when attempting to use legitimate UTC time (due to DST?)

A value of "2023-03-12T02:00:00.000" breaks the Date Time component. I'm assuming this is due to Daylight Saving Time, even though I have the "Manage time zone" setting off. It fails with it on even if the "Display" and "Value" zones are both set to UTC.

It's like Retool thinks that UTC hour is existentially impossible.

We have a system which lists tasks critical to our business in order of when they're due by. By happenstance (and default sorting in a table) our queue showed a sequence of null-date-time values right at the top, which alerted me to the fact that something was wrong.

Had I not seen this the implications for our customers could've been significant.

See exported app from the screenshots:
date-time bug test.json (8.9 KB)

Seems the bug affects the rendering in tables as well; these cells have the problem timestamp and are rendering as null:

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 9.17.59 PM

The column is formatted as Date Time, which is consistent with the issue above for that specific component.

Hey @dguzzo! Oh, great catch. And thank you so much for that repro app. Filed as a bug :pray: Will keep you updated on a fix!

1 Like

You're welcome, and thank you, @victoria !

Thanks again @dguzzo for bringing this up. I was able to come up with a workaround for this.
If you run the dateTime items through new Date(item), as a Mapped value it will no longer null out.

1 Like

Aaaand this bug has been fixed! It should go live with our next Cloud Deploy (which happens every few week days). Thank you @dguzzo for surfacing this issue and thank you Jay for the workaround in the meantime :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great, thanks for the update, @victoria !

1 Like