Cutting and pasting into a table

Is there a way to copy and paste multiple rows from an excel sheet into a table in retool to make multiple records and have said data save to an azure db? I'm thinking I would have to have a form with a save button and do one record at a time, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Interesting concept! I guess you can copy-paste into a textarea and then parse it using Papaparse (built-in)?

When copying from Excel/spreadsheets, and inserting to a normal text input, the data should be tabulated, which Papaparse can handle. You then need to parse the result yourself and insert multiple rows.

Hope this helps get you going!

@mlefler,

No way to do that now, You can only add a single record at a time from the table component and only paste only one cell at a time. But this makes a great feature request. I'm going to move this over there if you don't mind.

In the mean time what @jonathanbredo suggests is your best option, in fact others have done some similar things.

A more advanced option which I have done for bulk new product uploads, is it to spin up an Azure function that accepts a CSV file and adds all of the records there. I use Retool to POST the file to the API endpoint and then refresh the products table and voila, new records!

We're using a flat spreadsheets right now. We want to use a database instead but the thing to over come is that the admin person, she copy and pastes multiple rows at a time. If she had to input everything one at a time, that would take her a lot longer to do. I don't know if there is a different view like a list view other then table or is this just how it is across all database interfaces.

Like mentioned before - this you can build already today with just one line of code on a textarea :-).