I don't understand how to make reuseable dropdowns. For example, to let people edit a foreign-keyed column, I'd like to show them a range of options. I assumed I could do so via module outputs, but module outputs (such as the one below) appear to be inaccessible in apps where I drop the module into. Not really sure how to proceed.
Thanks for reaching out about creating reusable dropdowns for foreign-keyed columns in Retool! I understand your frustration with the limitations of module outputs in this scenario. I'd love to take a closer look at your specific app structure and data setup.
The easiest way to do this is if you could send me your Retool application file as a JSON export. You can do this by following these steps:
- In your Retool app, click on the "File" menu in the top left corner.
- Select "Export" from the menu options.
- Choose "JSON" as the export format.
- Save the exported JSON file to your computer.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the saved JSON file.
I appreciate your understanding and cooperation. I'm confident that by working together, I can help you achieve your desired functionality in Retool.