Create new app with certain template

Hi,
I would like to have the option to create an application that will have the same template (that is, every time I create an application, an application will open for me with certain things and not an empty application) or to have an option inside the application to load a certain application (which is not an iframe and can be edited)
Is there such a thing in retool?
Thanks!

1 Like

You can start with a template and then copy it and add it to your workspace. Use the copy to build application 1 and then go back to the original template and copy it and build application 2 (Assuming here that you only want components and a layout as bases for future applications.)
You can also use Themes to apply colors and other styles to each application if needed or the same for all.) Try reading through this

I'm where @ScottR is at: create an App that acts as a template, and then duplicate it to create new apps. It's fine, but it's not super intuitive when you are presented the option to "create from template" but actually you need to duplicate this template App to create a new App.

It would be awesome if ReTool would allow us to define Apps as templates and then when someone needs to create a new app they go: "Apps" > "create" > "from template" > "custom template 1"

ReTool Team, is anything like this on the roadmap?

1 Like

Hi @sgodoshian It's definitely something we've talked about. I'm not sure what the timeline would be, but I'll post on this thread if I hear any updates internally

1 Like

Going to be building out a many-page dashboard and would love to know if module templates / shared template layout is on the near-term horizon or not.

We can create a base template and copy it but we then can't edit the base to edit all apps :(.

1 Like