Copying an image to clipboard

I built a simple QR code generator from the Retool utilities (thanks Retool!) and it works perfectly. However, I don't need the URLs to the image or the query generated, I just to be able to copy the image it generates. I added an image element and can get the image to populate just fine and right clicking to save it locally is certainly an option. I'm pretty new to Retool or Javascript functions...is there a way to copy the actual image to the clipboard rather than just the URL that was used tp generate the image?

Hi @therealbmills Thanks for reaching out! Glad the Retool utilities were helpful! It looks like we don't support this currently, but we do have a feature request to add this functionality. I'll post back here if it's something we're able to ship!

Hi @Tess Any update on this feature request ? This seems a popular request but hopefully the engineering team is considering supporting any type of data to copy to clipboard, ot just pictures (i.e. png I guess). We are in need to copy HTML data (not text of HTML code) as reported here.

Hope for some progress as the current workaround for our end-users is cumbersome: create a HTML file, export it to browser, user opens it and copies the content...

This means "just" exposing the following method: Clipboard: write() method - Web APIs | MDN in Retool's JS

1 Like

No updates yet, unfortunately! :disappointed: Thank you for sharing more details about your use case though. I'll post back here if our team is able to pick this up!

The team is considering enabling the ability to set the data type