Connect Ingres Database

Hello, I am trying to create a connection with an ingres database using jdbc (since there is no connector for ingres). I am getting an error when I test the connection no matter which driver I select. The error is the following:

Test connection failed (0.403s):Error: Error running static method java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:ingres://vacaloca.aua.gr:au7/stud; at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:702) at java.sql/java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:189) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)

Does anyone know anything that might help with this error or how to connect an ingres database to retool in general?

Thank you in advance!

Hey @Draousk! It looks like Ingres DB may require a different driver. If you're using a self-hosted instance you can add that driver as outlined in the docs but, unfortunately, it looks as though it currently isn't supported for cloud orgs. I've brought it up with the dev team and can let you know if that changes though!

Ingres drivers should now be supported on Cloud :tada:

Let me know if that works for you?

Hi @Kabirdas,

I am currently looking for a tool to provide simple CRUD functionality to our database for the business teams who do not want to deal with complex technologies. Retool seems like a good solution, but I am having trouble establishing connection with our Azure SQL Server.

Would it be possible to support the necessary JDBC driver to make this connection?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @tylerhslee, did you try using our Microsoft SQL connector? If so, what were the errors you faced?