Cannot pass binary metadata headers for gRPC requests

When trying to query a gRPC method, I'm unable to propagate metadata headers that are of binary format. It seems like only String type metadata values are allowed.

Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 15.39.54

@listo

Hey there, thanks for reaching out! Confirming here that currently binary metadata isn't supported -- only strings are. We have written up a feature request internally to add support for gRPC binary metadata and I have linked that request to this thread so that I can update you when progress is made :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @lauren.gus, we require this feature too, any update?

Ideally we'd like to be able to collect a specific metadata value from another query/form and be able to binary attach it to the request's metadata.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @pedroc :wave: No progress update at the moment, but appreciate you reaching out and sharing your use case! Will share updates here when we have them :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @lauren.gus, do you have an estimate as to when and whether this feature will ever be supported?

@lauren.gus Any updates on this? Would love to be able to use retool but this is blocking us unfortunately.

@listo No update currently, followed up with our engineering team to let them know this is blocking for you! Will post here when progress is made :+1:

@lauren.gus do you know what the current status of this ticket is? Thanks in advance!

Hey @listo! Unfortunately, there still hasn't been progress but we will still report back here when it's included.

Hey folks! This should now be supported :slightly_smiling_face: if you're still running into issues please let me know!