Bug Report: Inconsistent Form Submission Behavior with Enter Key

Hi Retool Team and Community,

I've encountered a bug in Retool forms that leads to inconsistent behavior when interacting with different components. Specifically, when users type a date into the date selector or an option into a select component and press the enter key without using the mouse to make their selection, the form's behavior differs unexpectedly.

Demo: https://workweek.retool.com/embedded/public/c6ad3fbd-d77e-49df-a167-a5ed8b55ba64

Steps to Reproduce:

1. For the Date Selector: Type a date into the date selector and press enter on your keyboard. Notice that the form is incorrectly submitted.
  2. For the Select Component: Type an option into the select component and press enter on your keyboard. Observe that the form is not submitted, which is the correct behavior.

This inconsistency can confuse users and lead to unintended form submissions, especially when users are accustomed to confirming their input with the enter key across different form elements.

Could the Retool team please investigate this behavior? If there's a configuration I've overlooked that would align the behavior of these components, I'd appreciate your guidance. Similarly, if other community members have faced and resolved similar issues, your input would be invaluable.

To Retool employees, a fix or clarification on this matter would be highly beneficial. For other community members, if you've experienced this issue or have insights, please share them to help address this inconsistency.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, Trist

Attachment: Bug report_ Form submission by date component.json (11.5 KB)

Thanks, as always, to ChatGPT, my trusty editor

1 Like

Hey @Kabirdas & @victoria!

Any update here? :see_no_evil:

Hi @tristdrum, thank you for such a detailed explanation and repro of the bugs you are encountering. :slightly_smiling_face:

We created the bug report and we'll keep you posted with any updates from our devs. :lady_beetle::memo:

2 Likes