Automating Slack Notifications for Retool Changelog Updates on Cloud Hosted

Hello Retool Community!

I'm thrilled to share a workflow I've developed to automate Slack notifications for updates in the Retool changelog, specifically for Cloud Hosted versions. This ensures that our team stays updated with the latest changes without manually checking for updates.

How It Works:

1. Changelog Monitoring: The workflow begins by fetching data from the Retool changelog.
  2. Data Processing: It then filters the updates, looking for items related to Cloud Hosted.
  3. Update Validation: The script checks for updates in the last 24 hours with 'Cloud-hosted' tags.
  4. Notification Composition: A summary of the updates is composed into a Slack message.
  5. Slack Integration: Finally, the message is sent to a designated Slack channel.

Benefits:

• Timeliness: Immediate notifications on the latest updates.
  • Relevance: Focus on Cloud Hosted updates to avoid information overload.
  • Team Efficiency: Keeps the entire team informed effortlessly.

Implementation Details:
This workflow is designed with multiple components including a REST query for changelog, JavaScript for data processing and validation, and a Retool AI block for message composition. The final step involves sending the notification to Slack, which requires setting up a Slack query with your channel details.

You can easily import this workflow into your Retool environment using the 'Import from JSON' feature. Please note that you will need to fill in the last step (sendSlack) with your own query to send the Slack message to your desired channel.

This automation has significantly streamlined how we keep up with Retool updates, and I believe it can do the same for your team. I'd love to hear your feedback, suggestions, or about similar workflows you've implemented!

Looking forward to your thoughts and discussions!

Best,
Trist

Post relevant Retool Change Log Updates to Slack.json (31.6 KB)

4 Likes

Kudos to ChatGPT for helping me write this :joy:

Hope it's useful to somebody!

1 Like

Hey @tristdrum

That's great! Already included in my instance, just changed from slack to email.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like