All components are not defined

I'm building my first app in Retool, and everything was going well until now. Out of nowhere, all my components are not defined. I'm not sure what I have done, as I'm a total amateur. A screenshot is attached to show the problem I'm experiencing."

I tested it and it seems to work for me (Note it is setValue NOT SetValue)

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 10.00.49 AM

Thanks for your answer.

I have no idea what happened but it just start working again. thank you anyway

This is happening to my apps as well now.
All components are being tagged as not defined and its causing issues in our production environment.
Been occurring for a bit over 2 days with no sign of going away on its own

Hi everyone!

Is this still happening for any of you? I believe we saw these reports and have released another version (or two) since the date of the most recent comment, so I’m hoping that all is resolved.

And my apologies for the delay here. We’re catching up on our queue so hopefully, we won’t miss replying to these high priority posts going forward.

Thank you for reporting this! :pray:

I ended up recreating the app and the new version is not having problems.

I kept the old version the app I was seeing this issue on and I can see it is still having problems.
There are components that are not referenceable, even after deleting and recreating.

Thank you for sharing, @matthewej - I've alerted my team to look further into this.

I have a few more questions for you if you don't mind:

1. Are you still able to reference the component values despite the error, or is the component completely un-referenceable? i.e. is this just a linting error? Based on your message about production issues, I assume it's not just a linting error.
  2. Is this happening with both deprecated and updated component types?
  3. If you export your app and import it, do you see the same errors? Would you mind sharing that exported JSON file so I can test as well?

Thank you!

I am no longer having this issue. Based on what was happening:

1. The components could not be referenced.
  2. When I rebuilt the app using new component types there were no issues (the old version used a legacy table and legacy file drops). I could not say for sure if the legacy compatibility was the issue
  3. I am unable to import the JSON export, I get the following error

I'm so glad to hear you're no longer having this issue, and I'm sorry that this happened in the first place. Definitely strange that the JSON export can't be imported. I shared your experience with our engineering team to make sure we can address the root cause!

Still having this issue. It happens at random. Logging in and out, switching browsers, or switching accounts doesn't seem to fix the problem. Weird part is, is that it works for my college.

edit: the only thing i have access to is the globalThis

Shared with the engineering team assigned to this issue - thank you! If possible, a JSON export of an affected app would be helpful as well :slight_smile:

I see the same issue. For me it appears to happen when I am referencing a control in a different container....

Interesting! Would you mind sharing screenshots of this error and the components being affected?

This is happening for at least one of our apps — it seems every transformer being referenced in any code area is reporting that it's not defined, when it clearly is, either in: as basis for its own .value in the green preview of the same code area in the Inspector pane; in the left State pane; or in the Debug Console.

Examples

Inspector pane code text-area:

State pane:
Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 5.04.27 PM

Debug Console:

Similar to how its value shows up just fine in the above places, the actual components and queries that reference it seem to be fine. It's just the text-area ":warning:" tooltip that seems to be wrong.

I'm on v3.26.0-8f4eba2 (Build 143691)

Hey @dguzzo! Would you be able to export one of the affected apps and share it here? It would be super helpful to get this to repro in an app on our end! https://docs.retool.com/apps/management/guides/import-export#export-apps

I have serious difficulty operating my application and I have tried a lot of things to fix it without success.

One thing I have noticed is that my await statements are all coloured to indicate that they are not found. (see below).

I have 70 mbps of upload speed and 11 mbps download speed which has been fine in the past.

Any thoughts?

Mike
PrintScreen01