Adding Hotjar to Retool

Hey, I'd like the Hotjar tracking code to Retool. However, it requires to be added to the element which Retool doesn't seem to support.

1. Is there any other way to add it and connect Hotjar?
  2. If not are there any similar tools that Retool supports?

Kindly
Hannes

1 Like

Hey @HRR!

That's correct, we currently don't support integrating Hotjar though it is something that has been requested before. At the moment, connecting to analytics vendors is also a feature exclusive to Enterprise plans. Is there something in particular that you're looking to track?

I would LOVE this. I use Retool as a UI for our API (api.theirstack.com). Being able to use Hotjar / Fullstory to see how our customers use the app and where they get stuck would be so so good.

Is this coming anytime soon?

Hey @xoel, no timeline at the moment, unfortunately, but we can let you know here when it's included! Thanks for adding your feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

We're currently trying to integrate hotjar inside a retool application too.
Are there any workarounds to integrate it ?

+1

2 Likes

This feature request is still in our backlog, so I don't have an eta yet. I'm not aware of any workarounds, but if our team is able to prioritize this request, we'll update this thread

2 Likes

Has anyone found a way to collect user feedback, generate Jira tickets to drive an agile dev framework. We are getting our External facing app into the hands of Beta testers and want to find a way of collecting that realtime feedback. Only option we have found is a chrome plugin called marker.io but would require all users install the plugin