Add HEAD action type in RESTQuery resource

Hi dear Retool dream team,

Would it be possible to get the HEAD action type in RESTQuery resource ?

It would be great to get it because I need to only request https://storage.googleapis.com to get the md5 of the stored object but no need to download it. With a HEAD I can get these information but with a GET I can't because files are too big to be downloaded.

All the best!

Florent from France

1 Like

Thanks for this feature request @Floo! I've created an internal tracker ticket for this, for our eng team's review. We'll let you know here if it gets prioritized!

Thanks for being part of our dream team community by helping us with ideas to improve the product! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @kbn,

Have you some news about this request?

Is it simple or more complex than expected?

Have a nice day!

Hey @Floo - thanks for your patience on this, circling back: I checked with our engineering team on this and it sounds like this is not planned to be picked up in the short term. We'll keep tracking interest here and conveying it on the internal tracker ticket for the team's consideration! If/when it does start moving toward being implemented we will share the update here.

It's not much/may not be a workable workaround but the only other thing my team could think of is to use a fetch call in JS. i.e. let data = await fetch(url, {method: "HEAD"}), but you'll most likely hit a CORS error depending on the api you are hitting -- with a Google API I think you will :thinking:

We'll keep noting further customer interest internally and share any changes in the status of this feature request here!

Oh, I would have thought it would be simple to add HEAD. I can't imagine the complexity it involves in your context.
I hope it will be done one day :crossed_fingers:

Thank you for keeping me informed :+1: