Add custom refresh button to Table component

We have cases, where the table rows are the result of 2+ queries (see e.g. Filtering table in JS (caching settings, how to trigger transformer, and use values in JS code query)). Running refresh on the last query won’t do much so for those cases, it would be great to be able to map the refresh button to a query that’s different from the one providing the data.

Alternatively, there should be a way to hide it :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @bfelbo! So you can add hook up a custom button to the bottom right of your table - you should see a “Show custom button” toggle in your table settings. Would that work?

Yes, that’s what I’ve done. It could we great to hide the other button though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree, it would be confusing to have both buttons. I could also imagine use cases where the query that populates the table is expensive, so editors wouldn’t want end users refreshing it all the time. I’ll file this one with the engineering team!

@bfelbo just merged in a change that will let you toggle the refresh button and hide it - should be deployed within the hour :slight_smile:

Thanks @Justin!

1 Like

Would it be possible to show more than one custom button?

1 Like