Accessing REST API service which uses mTLS certificate

I use a 3rd party API SP - I have to use a certificate that they provided- it allows them to authenticate my requests and verify my identity.
How do I register / load the certificate and the private key … so that I can call those APIs from within Retool?
Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

https://docs.retool.com/docs/connect-api-resource#1-create-an-api-resource

Hey @abhi!

Let us know if you have any questions regarding those docs :slightly_smiling_face:

Curious to know how you API expects you to pass the certificate and private key. Does there happen to be publicly available documentation for your API?

I did'nt mean that - my bad! for the confusing language-
I want to use client certificate - similar to Postman - go to Collections| Settings | Certificates - I use the Add Certificates there to load my CRT and KEY.
Similar to this Introducing mutual TLS authentication for Amazon API Gateway | AWS Compute Blog

Ahh got it, thanks for clarifying! Support custom certs for REST API authentication is actually part of a larger project that our dev team is kicking off. Unfortunately, it's not supported at the moment :confused: but it certainly has eyes on it and we can let you know here when it does get support!

Hey @abhi!

Cloud users (currently on 2.107.1) should now have the ability to use custom certificates to secure REST requests:

We're currently looking at supporting it for self-hosted instances as well and should be rolling it out soon :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Kabirdas,

I checked today the rest request fields (Retool version 2.119.0) cant see the checkbox to use the self-signed certificates. Is that removed again?

thanks.

I have found the way to add certificates to requests. Its not located in each individual request. You can create a REST API at resources. When the base url is saved the option appears to add certificates.