Access inputs within a container through the parent form element

Not sure if a feature request or a bug repot. Anyhow, in more complex forms, where some fields are conditioned on others, I like to group them within containers. However, it seems that field values within containers are not accessible through the parent form element (i.e. form.data doesn’t expose container->input either directly or through the container element), making validation as well as post submit logic / submissions quite a mess.

Also, as a side note, marking date fields as required is also not possible for some reason, although according to docs it seems like it should be possible.

I think i'm going to err on the side of this being a bug, does this match up?:

Current Bug- If you put a container inside of a form, and have components inside the container, the components values are not accessible through the form.data property as they normally would. The direct selection of the component (I.E. textinput1.value) still populates, but it isn't available in form1.data.

The same happens when putting a container inside a listview.

1 Like

Hey, so whoever has this bug I kind of fixed it. instead of selecting the element you care about through the listview data you can access it through the element itself. and index it with i So, for example you have a select element inside a container inside a listview. You can’t get the element through select.data.container.select[i] but you can get it through select[i].value.

1 Like

Hey @lauri and @lys123!

This has been fixed! If you put a container inside of a form, and have components inside the container, the components values are now accessible through the form.data property as you’d expect. :tada:

The direct selection of the component (I.E. textinput1.value) still populates as well.

1 Like