Using one form across multiple steps

So I am building a new front end for a playing card database that has about 30 data points. To submit a new deck I broke the data down into a steps. There is the required data, Additional information, and photo urls (thats a problem for another day). Heres the problem:

If I put separate forms on each page, it will submit each form to a new row in the database.
If I create the form, then move the fields out into the steps, it removes them from the {{ form.data }} for the insert.

How do I create a form that will span across multiple steps to submit all the information on the different steps at one time and into the same row?

I am very new to this whole process as it is a personal project.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I found a workaround by creating the form, and then placing collapsable sections within it. it's not elegant, but until I can find a better solution: it works.

Welcome to the forum!

Checkout using a temporary variable.... You could have the fields in steps and save each piece of information in a temp variable and then on the last step populate the one form you need to submit so the user can review the information.....but your solution seems to work....

It's not the best solution, but it works. It also works with the stepped container I wanted to use also. I'm new to this and the only scripting I know is what I've been able to cobble together from this forum and related youtube videos.