Tutorial broken?

Hi, I’m trying to take the 5-min Retool tutorial, but I keep getting stuck on the step where you need to write a SQL query. It won’t let me pass that step: https://www.loom.com/share/4b9e01b80c4d46078f81490d4c44b434

Hey @mbusel! Welcome to the Retool forum and thanks for posting.

So sorry you are running into this issue. I’ve been able to reproduce it as well and we’ll get right on fixing it first thing Monday morning. Will post here once we squash the bug!

Thank you!

Hey @mbusel!

This actually has to do with organizations which were created a short while ago (>5 months or so) and the changes that we made with how new SQL resources are created: https://docs.retool.com/docs/sql-resource-creation-changes

Long story short- I just generated a new-style onboarding_db for you and the tutorial should work now! You might need to select “onboarding_db” from the resource dropdown there, but things should autocomplete and proceed correctly for you now!

Awesome - it worked! Thank you

I am having the same issue as mbusel described.

When I arrive at step 3 and follow the instructions, there is no prompt for step 4. If I choose "Do it for me" I get the same result as doing it myself. The "Save and Run" button is activated now, but there's no prompt for the next step, even if I click the "Save and Run" button.

Completing step 3:

In the response to mbusel, I see

I see "onboarding_db (readonlyl) (postfresql)" and "onboarding_db (edit) (postfresql), but selecting either produces the same result; the tutorial doesn't move forward form this step.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm having the same problem: there's no option for onboarding_db

Hi @tracy-retoolpublic I added the onboarding resource to your org. Let me know if you run into any issues :slightly_smiling_face:

I am trying to use the onboarding tutorial however On step 3 it asks "Select the resource onboarding_db" but the resource drop down does NOT include that item
3:39 pm

Hi @Anthony1! Happy to help. What is your team's Retool subdomain? Someone in your org must have deleted the resource, but no worries--I can add it back

rapidliens

Thanks @Anthony1 I added the onboarding resource to your org!

I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm unable to accomplish tutorial. There's no onboarding_db resource available.

Hi @kgneo! Can you try now? I just added the resource to your org

1 Like

onboarding_db is now available and I'm able to accomplish the step, but now I'm stuck somewhere else. This time onboarding_api is missing.

Error:

Could not find onboarding_api. This error might occur if the resource was deleted or you do not have access to it.

Hi @kgneo! I added that one too :blush:

I'm also having the same issue. These resources have been deleted for my account. Would be good to have those re-added. Thanks.

Hi @Gandalf Happy to add it for you -- what is your team's Retool subdomain? If you don't want to post it here, feel free to email us at support@retool.com

Hello hello,

I'm running into this issue as well: my org doesn't have access to onboarding_db or onboarding_api, so the quickstart app, csv sample data, etc. aren't working.

My subdomain is barnaclelabs, and the org was created just last week.

Hi @stx, these resources are added now! I also extend your trial a bit in case this was blocking you! Thanks for your patience

1 Like