Tides Widget & Wind Speed

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone may be able to assist with the below or may have any suggestions please.

I'm in the process of using Retool to create a dashboard, I have it showing almost every bit of information we need but I'm struggling to figure out two key elements.

1. The current wind speed (in knots) and direction.
I've found a couple API's but they don't seem to work or show what's needed. I just need the current wind speed and direction (for a certain location in the UK). Does anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this please?

2. Tide Times for the current day.
I can achieve this by getting a widget code from Tide Times on your Website | Tide Times but I just don't know how to put this widget on an app. E.g., I've tried a custom component but it doesn't display anything. Definitely a user issue on my side but could anyone advise how / where I could put this widget code to show the results? (if it's doable?)

""

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Hi Jamie,

For the tide times script, I'd normally suggest a custom component, but, unfortunately, it appears as though this script doesn't work within Retool :disappointed:. It looks as though the script doesn't support being dynamically loaded, we force script tags to become asynchronous when they're loaded into custom components so as to prevent them from blocking other scripts being run in your app. In this case, though, that leads to the following error which you might have seen in your browser console:

Failed to execute 'write' on 'Document': It isn't possible to write into a document
from an asynchronously—loaded external script unless it is explicitly opened.

I haven't personally used an API that exposes these data points, but I imagine one exists! Rest apis can be queried using our generic REST api integration.

Which APIs were you looking at?