Tableau dashboard not rendering properly

here is the link to the tableau dashboard : https://prod-useast-b.online.tableau.com/t/prepaidventuresltd/views/end_of_month_inventory/Dashboard2

when I insert the link into the tableau component, it is not rendering properly (see screenshot attached). I'm not sure if I am missing something or if I need to change the size of the layout.

Hi @Marcos_Garcia, I'm sorry you are dealing with this issue.

i tried using your link but I can't access your dashboard because it belongs to your Tableau org. However, I created an account and made a dashboard in Tableau, and then embedded in Retool using the Tableau Component.

I have a different, but related experience with the "Tableau" component.

Although I'm using vertical containers side by side on Tableau:

The arrangement looks different on my Retool App:

This happens even if I resize the component on Retool. It is most likely that our rendering issues are related to the fact that the "Tableau" component has not been updated to the new version of the Tableau Embedding API, V3. We are still using V2.

I checked with our Engineering Department and there are no current plans to upgrade to the new version of the API, as it is not a priority on the new features queue.

However, it might be worth it to give it a shot at embedding your Tableau dashboard with an IFrame Component or a Custom Component.

Let us know how it goes! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Paulo, sorry about the link, i have attached another image above, which shows how the dashboard really looks in tableau.

I'll try out the IFrame and Custom Component

thanks,
marcos

Hey @Marcos_Garcia, no worries. :slightly_smiling_face:
You Tableau dashboard looks a lot cooler than mine! :eyes: