Table not loading on table page change

Hi! I've changed my Postgres query to "Run query only when manually triggered" to prevent reloading the table on each input change. Things are mostly working as expected, however I just realized that when I change the table's page, data is not loaded. Page number changes, but the data stays stale. Any idea why is this happening? How do I fix it? Is this expected behaviour? The only way to get the page's data is by clicking on the refresh button in the pagination component.

Hi @HOllarves!
When a query is set to "Run query only when manually triggered", it won't watch anything (like the page number). In order for a query to run when the page number changes, you'll need to use the "Run query automatically when inputs change" option!

Here's a little snippet walking through the differences between the two modes:

Hi @Victoria! Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering if there's a way to programmatically trigger the reload of a table page when the page number changes. That would fix all of my problems :smile:

Thanks!

Of course! Are you looking to simply run a query on page change, or something closer to pagination? https://docs.retool.com/docs/working-with-tables#server-side-table-pagination

Yep! Basically all I want is to reload the table when the page number changes. I don't seem to find a way to listen for page number changes in order to run a the query. Could you please be more specific as to what should I be looking for?

Thanks Victoria!

What is your specific use case here? If you click next page, it should show the appropriate page data. Is there a reason you'd like to reload the entire table (which would cause you to start over at the beginning of the table)?

Hi @victoria I am having same issue.
Using server side pagination but on click of next button here
no new page data is loading. Server side pagination seems to be configured properly

Replied back in the other thread, but copying here for reference: Table new page data not loading on click of next button in pagination - #3 by alex-w