table.clearSelection() doesn't work in tabbed container if table is on a non-visible tab

There seems to be a minor bug related to clearing the selection on a table component via tableName.clearSelection() if the table exists inside a Tabbed Container component and is not currently visible.

Example:

I have a Click event handler on this button that clears the selection on the above table component. It works fine in the state pictured above (when the tab with the table is visible), but if I navigate to View 1 (which doesn't contain the table) and then click the button, the selected row is not cleared whenever I return to View 2.

1 Like

+1 I've noticed clearSelection doesn't work if table is nested & not visible

+1. Had this problem also, my table is inside drawer frame.

Hi @timph, welcome to the forum! :wave:

We currently have a bug report for this issue. I added your +1s to the internal ticket. We'll update you when this bug is fixed.

Thank you for your feedback! :slightly_smiling_face:

How much longer is it going to take for this bug to be fixed as I have the same issue. The clearSelection does nothing when the table is hidden. Very frustrating to have spent so much time trying to figure this out to find out it's yet another Retool bug.

+1 here!

+1

+1 for me as well!

+1

Wanting to add to this that the same bug exists for tables that are in a hidden modal frame as opposed to a tabbed container.

+1!

My + 1!

Thanks everyone for boosting visibility on this request. I've updated the request count on our ticket. We don't have any updates on this yet, but our team is monitoring the status and will let you know any updates as they come!

1 Like