Shared app not showing in invitee's retool window

I created a mobile app in Retool (cloud), invited a colleague who had recently signed up for retool. They received the invite by email and accepted it. I can see them in my 'settings' as "all users" and they are also showing as 'admin'
However the user cannot see the app I shared with them in their Retool screen. Tried refreshing their screen (cleared cache, cookies, etc - still no good

Hello @peter.b,

There are a few possible reasons why your colleague cannot see the Retool mobile app that you shared with them:

• Their user account may not have the correct permissions. To access a Retool mobile app, a user must have at least the View permission for that app. You can check your colleague's user permissions in the Users section of your Retool organization settings.
  • The mobile app may not be published. Retool mobile apps must be published before they can be accessed by users. You can publish a mobile app from the Share button in the app editor.
  • Your colleague's device may not be compatible with the Retool mobile app. The Retool mobile app is currently only available for iOS and Android devices.

To troubleshoot the issue, you can try the following:

1. Make sure that your colleague's user account has the View permission for the mobile app.
  2. Make sure that the mobile app is published.
  3. Ask your colleague to make sure that their device is compatible with the Retool mobile app.
  4. Ask your colleague to try logging out and logging back into Retool.
  5. Ask your colleague to try clearing the cache and cookies on their device.
  6. Try sharing the mobile app with your colleague again.

Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting Retool mobile app sharing issues:

• Make sure that you are sharing the mobile app with the correct email address.
  • Make sure that your colleague is accepting the mobile app invitation.
  • Make sure that your colleague is using the Retool mobile app for the correct environment. For example, if you shared the mobile app with them from the development environment, they will need to use the Retool mobile app for the development environment to access it.
  • Make sure that your colleague is using the latest version of the Retool mobile app.

I hope this helps!

:grinning:

Patrick

Possibly misinderstood my post-
The user can see all the other apps that I've shared but NOt the mobile one - they scanned the QR code.. and nothing

Hey @peter.b,

Oops, sorry. :wink:

Here are a few things you can try:

• Make sure that the mobile app is published to the correct environment. For example, if your colleague is scanning a QR code that was generated from the development environment, they will need to use the Retool mobile app for the development environment to access it.
  • Make sure that the mobile app is shared with your colleague using the correct link. You can generate a new link for the mobile app from the Share button in the app editor.
  • Try sharing the mobile app with your colleague again.
  • Ask your colleague to try reinstalling the Retool mobile app.

Here are some additional things to check:

• Is the mobile app using any custom components or integrations? If so, make sure that those components and integrations are also published and shared with your colleague.
  • Is the mobile app using any dynamic data sources? If so, make sure that your colleague has access to those data sources.
  • Is the mobile app using any custom permissions? If so, make sure that your colleague has granted those permissions to the mobile app.

I hope this helps!

:grinning:

Patrick