Setting a default timezone

I have researched and found some posts on this, but I would like to make sure I am not missing something.
Is there no way to set a default timezone in retool that would take effect on all dates/datetime functionality? I have tried some things that were not effective - for example setting the default moment timezone in my organizational javascript:

moment.tz.setDefault("America/New_York");

This did not change the way dates were formatted in my tables. A date of midnight for EDT specified in UTC

new Date("2023-04-01T04:00:00.000Z")

Was still rendered as

Mar 31, 2023

On my web browser. (I am in "America/Denver" timezone)

Hey @Michael_Hampton! This is not currently possible, but I filed this as an internal feature request and will share any updates in this thread. :slight_smile:

As a quick note, the default will display whatever the data source is (original time zone), but the builder can update this with the

Manage time zone

feature!

There is an issue with the manage time zone feature.

It does not operate on Timezones, but hour offsets. This does not work in the case where a timezone is affected by daylight savings time. For example in "America/New_York" timezone the hour offset varies from -400 to -500.

:eyes:

If you click "FX" you can enter a timezone name! There are too many to include in the dropdown, and there's no globally agreed upon list, so we opted to provide offsets as static options.

CleanShot 2023-04-04 at a href=17.42.04@2x.png"/>