Self hosted retool install failure: Rechecking license status

Self hosted retool install fails with this error :

api_1               | {"message":"Rechecking license status...","level":"info","timestamp":"2023-05-05T23:45:50.752Z"}
api_1               | Encountered error
api_1               | TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'getUsers')
api_1               |     at checkLicenseStatus (/snapshot/retool_development/backend/transpiled/server/modules/licensing.js)
api_1               |     at async startOnPremServer (/snapshot/retool_development/backend/transpiled/server/main.js)
api_1               |     at async main (/snapshot/retool_development/backend/transpiled/server/main.js)

docker.env has the correct license key set up. What can we check / test ?

1 Like

same problem here. Running on Windows inside Ubuntu WSL with docker desktop.

Same issue in Unix as well. I didn't see this thread and opened another one a few mins ago.

This is what worked for us :

• Run initial setup using LICENSE_KEY=LOCAL-ONLY-TRIAL in docker.env
  • Then update to the paid license key.

Hey folks! Thanks for surfacing this issue, we're actively taking a look into it. I'll keep you updated here and reach out if there's any additional information that would be helpful to have!

Hi All,

Even we are seeing this issue and pod is in reboot.

2.117.3 has just been released and should have a fix for this issue. Can you try running the initial setup again with that version and let me know if you're still having trouble?