S3 request signature error

S3 ListObject, GetObject, GetTags access is randomly (but frequently) failing even if there is no change in my configuration.

It fails with this message.

{
    "data": {
        "error": true,
        "message": "The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method.",
        "queryExecutionMetadata": {
            "estimatedResponseSizeBytes": 140,
            "resourceTimeTakenMs": 1028,
            "isPreview": false,
            "resourceType": "s3",
            "lastReceivedFromResourceAt": 1643867386381
        },
        "source": "resource"
    },
    "errorData": "The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method.",
    "displayOptions": {
        "hideToast": false
    },
    "trigger": "NATURAL_FAILURE"
}

I tried updating with new access key and secret key, but the problem remains.

I suspect this is retool server problem because it worked when I checked it last time(about a week ago) and haven't changed anything since the last check (only updated AWS keys to newer ones)

Also it sometimes success with the same configuration now.

In my configuration, js query calls the s3 resource with addtionalScope containing params. When I call it with hard input, it seems not to fail.

[Update]

Also fails for hard-input calls on resource itself.

@jayden

Hey there :wave: thank you for reaching out! This is related to a bug we had on our end, but all should be fixed now. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

@lauren.gus

It looks like the problem is resolved now!

Thanks for your quick response.

BTW, AWS official document says if you use aws sdk, you don't have to take care of the signiture handling.

So I assume that retool doesn't use aws sdk on the aws request creation part and using custom one.

If possible, can you confirm it?

As this kind of issue is not one that my team can handle immediatly (as we live in +0900UTC), we need to know this kind of problem could occur again for assuring our service's uptime to my customers.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

@jayden

Glad it is all working now :slightly_smiling_face:

To answer your question, we use the AWS SDK.

I am seeing this behavior now trying to post to SQS. Getting

"The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your AWS Secret Access Key and signing method. Consult the service documentation for details.\n\n

UPDATE-> I repasted in the secret key and it works now.