Retool Questions

Hello,
i'm planning several applications and have several questions and like to know if this is possible with retool.

1. Is it possible to create Multi-Tenant Ready Forms and Lists with retool? Lets say i have an postgresql database with several fields which includes also a field "company". Now i'd like to show users from company "Coke" only entries which matches the company field.

2. Is it possible to use KeyCloak via SAML Authentician as a identity provider?

3. Can I create a form with predefined fields in a dropdown or checkbox and use matched values from these fields in a API Call? Dropdown "English, French, German", API call "en, fr, de"?

4. Is it possible to create a form with dynamic dropdown fields from different data sources? Example: First Dropdown "Moon" -> Query Moon API to get results for dropdown 2. If first dropdown is "Mars" query Mars Database....

Hey Raducanu,

1) Yes. Our Postgres resource would let you write queries in any fashion. You can reference variables and values defined in your Retool app within your Postgres query with double braces (i.e. {{ select1.value }}). If you have trouble with the specifics let us know and we'd be happy to help with that!

2) Yes this should be possible via custom SSO https://docs.retool.com/docs/sso-google-and-okta#other-saml-identity-providers. However, custom SSO is only available on enterprise plans.

3) Yes. You can reference the value of the dropdown or checkbox component in your API call inside of double braces (i.e. {{ checkbox.value }}). This will give you the value that was selected with that component.

4) Yes. You can query many different resources in your Retool app and control when and which queries are run!

I hope that I've answered your questions here! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: