Retool Mobile App not loading SVGs in Image Component

The SVG appears on Web preview but not when opened in the mobile app. Just seeing a blank box.

Seems like a bug?

Hello @mattlovesretool!

I love the user name :sweat_smile:

This is an odd bug, let me try to reproduce it.

How are you passing in the source of the SVG to the component? Is the SVG saved in Retool DB?

A screen shot would be super useful.

You said it appears on web preview, does it appear on mobile preview? Or did you mean when editing the mobile app on a web browser, it appears in mobile app preview but not when deployed and viewed via the app?

Hey @mattlovesretool,

Just head from our mobile eng team :brain: and was informed that Retool Mobile currently does not support SVGs.

The best work around would be to convert the SVGs to PNGs which should work.

There is a ticket for adding SVG support so I can tag your post on as a +1 so that you can be updated whenever the functionality is added!

That's odd since it works in the web editor preview of the app. Just not the mobile app. Seems like a pretty fast fix?

could you perhaps add supporting SVG Animations to that ticket (mobile and desktop)? It's been a while since I tried to figure this out so maybe it's already supported but I don't remember ever figuring out how to do it. i remember trying html, image and custom components however with no luck =(

@bobthebear Yes can add that on to the ticket!

I believe currently there is no SVG support so you aren't missing anything :melting_face: but if we do add them it would make sense to have the animations there as well :man_technologist:

1 Like

Hello,

We recently just released SVG support in icon component !

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 12.48.43 PM

2 Likes