Open Url in container

Hello all,
I have a question to ask 'cause I can't find a solution.
Is there a way to open an external page inside the application and not opening a new window (example in container)?
Thanks

Hey @snowicedavinci, welcome to the community :hugs:

You could use an iframe component and dynamically set it's URL.

Would that work for you?

Hi dear, i have search in component but in mobile project is not present iframe.

Hey @snowicedavinci!

Would you mind sharing a little more about how you're intending to use the iframe? Mobile browser experiences tend to be full-screen so I'm curious to hear what you have in mind for your app. If you have a mock-up of what you're going for that'd be awesome! Otherwise, the context will help the dev team figure out what they might best be able to support.

Hi, i have create an app mobile for open external site using webview ‘cause in mobile project there is not iframe.

Thanks for the screenshots! Would you want to display the whole site in the iframe, or just part of it, like this?

Yes, but in mobile project there isnt, i can pubblish this app on apple store and for this reason i use retool app on iphone.

:thinking: I don't think I fully understand, sorry! What would the user do in your app after they open the page in an iframe?

Hi @Kabirdas,
Being able to display a webpage inside of the App (via webview, iFrame or otherwise) would be very helpful! It would provide a work-around to limitations that currently exist due to Mobile App not supporting custom components, and having limited component options available (relatively speaking, of course).

Although it wouldn't be a seamless transition (so not a full work-around), in places there are component/functionality gaps in Mobile App, you would be able link to Retool web app (mobile version) to bridge the gap. Like was suggested here:

However, as opposed to linking to the webpage using a browser outside of the Mobile App, being able to display the webpage inside the Mobile App would be a much more elegant solution.

Thanks for adding here @Diskin! Appreciate the context and will pass the feedback along on our internal ticket :slightly_smiling_face: