No events fire when deselecting a row

Hi, I've got a very basic situation where I can select multiple rows in a table. As I select a row, an event handler fires and performs some logic based on the selected rows. Perfect.

Only problem is that when I deselect a row nothing happens. Retool does not seem to be emitting events in this case, which is... weird. Any selection change should trigger the event handler, or at least provide a 2nd event handler for deselect.

1 Like

Hi @alanlindsay! Which event handler are you using? The "Row select change" event is firing for me on both select and deselect :slight_smile:

row unclick

Unfortunately "Row select change" is not available to me :frowning:

Ah! What version of the table are you using? Our newest table or the legacy table?

The new table.

Got it, thank you for clarifying. In that case, does the "Change cell" handler work for you?

Sadly no, neither does "Click Cell". However, if I use "Click Cell" on cells without checkboxes then it works. For whatever reason, the checkbox appears to swallow the event and Retool only seems to expose it when it changes from checked to not checked.

Ah I see. I'll keep this thread updated with any news around this event!

Hi @victoria
Will "Row Select Change" be a feature returning for the new table?

It should be there @Kyra_Henningson! What version of Retool are you using?

Version 3.2.2 self-hosted

I see, my mistake! It looks like this is only available on Cloud for the moment :pensive: but it should be available in an upcoming self-hosted release as well!

Edit: This should be available on version 3.6 @Kyra_Henningson!

1 Like