Multiselect to Retool Database

Hello,

I recently started using Retool and quickly encountered an issue. I have a Retool database table called "Orders," and one of its columns is named "auxiliary_device," which acts as a foreign key to another table I have called "Auxiliary_Device." This "Auxiliary_Device" table has a column named "Device" that contains information about various devices.

What I'd like to do is create a simple application where I can choose multiple auxiliary devices and save them as a new entry in my "Orders" table.

The reason for this is ... I stand corrected...however @joeBumbaca where would this be done in the GUI?

Hey @Matt_M! Can you share how that Orders table is set up? That error looks like it's complaining about a foreign key constraint. Not sure what data type that column is, but you should be able to set up an array type column if you create the table through SQL.

Create Table:
Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 2.22.48 PM

Insert data from multiselect, and display select * results in a table in the Retool app:

They key syntax is placing { } around the multiselct value.

@ScottR You cannot currently do this through the GUI, the table must be created in SQL.

1 Like