Mobile Dropdown disable keyboard?

On an Android tablet when the user selects a dropdown, the keyboard displays. I assume to help with "type-ahead" but no one does this on mobile, so is there a way to prevent it from displaying?

Seems like the same thing is happening for iOS as well (just tested!). Not sure if this is a feature request or bug, but I will go ahead and create an internal bug report for this and let the team decide! I'll keep you updated on its status here 😊

1 Like

It would be super useful to have the option to disable text input for dropdown either on mobile, desktop or both.

Usability on mobile isn't great with the keyboard especially if the dropdown only has a few option. There are also a number of use cases where text input isn't ideal on desktop.

2 Likes

Yes agreed, this is a quite frustrating problem-- it really limits the utility of retool on iOS! Is there any word on the timeline for a fix to be implemented?

This behavior should be fixed on Retool's official Mobile product! Would that be helpful at all?

In general, you should also be able to Disable search/text input into a select component as a whole! :slight_smile:

oh yes! turning off fuzzy match seems to work!, thank you!

I would find this useful if it could be set according to mobile/desktop mode. One of the few options which can't be set programtically?

Jeremy