Keep table search status

Hi,

I have an application with a tabbed container with 2 views:
Overview
Edit

The view "Overview" contains a table with records from an rest api with a client side pager and a search field which is connected to the search term of the table.
When you select a row in the overview you can edit the selected record in the view "Edit".

When I search for something in the search field I get a subset of records which match the search string. When I select a row to edit and switch to the view "Edit" and then return to the "Overview" view the searched subset of records is not maintained. It looks like the search is reset and all records are displayed. However the search string is maintained.

How can I restore the table with the previous searched subset of records?

Hi @Robby_Ceyssens Thanks for reporting this! I see what you mean :disappointed: I'll flag this as a bug to our team

It's a tricky one to workaround :thinking: This very hacky option is the best fix I can find for the time being:

On change of the tabbed container (and only run when the current view is the "overview" tab), trigger 2 events. The first event will clear the search field. The second event will need to trigger on a slight delay and re-fill the search with the most recently used value.

You will need to store the most recently used search value in a variable:

The fix should ship in the next version of Retool, v3.20!