Insert on change of custom column

From watching the tutorials, there appears to be a few different approaches to generating a form based on the row clicked. I'm hoping that this can be as simple as I hope:

The skills in the table are populated by a select (category & name), but when a rating is chosen by a user (custom column), I want an insert to be triggered either on change of the rating or when the Confirm action happens. Is that possible?

I created a query for the insert:

INSERT INTO "SKILLSET"."PUBLIC"."ASSESSMENTS" (token, assess_category, assess_name, assess_rating) VALUES ('{{textinput1.value}}', '{{table1.columns['4']}}', '{{table1.columns['5']}}', '{{table1.columns['6']}}')

But this throws a Numeric value ':4' is not recognized

Lastly, is it possible to just run a bulk insert rather doing it RBAR?

Hey there!

You should definitely be able to do bulk inserts on a SQL resource. Using the GUI mode, there is even a nice UI for selecting the type of action that you want to do:

In this example, I am performing a bulk update by primary key to take any changes made in the table and push them to the DB. Upserts are also supported.

Note that I have used {{table.recordUpdates}} in the array of records to update field. This is a property provided by the table which tracks any changed values in the table UI.

As far as automatically running the query when the rating changes, I don't believe there is an easy way to do that, the user will need to click the "Save Changes" button.