I want to know how to move from table to detail page

Hello.

I would like to know something.

I have created a table as shown in the image below, but the button to go to the detail page is not working properly.

I think it may be the
I am guessing that my writing of "{{companies_table.selectedRow.data.id}}" is wrong.

With "{{companies_table.selectedRow.data.id}}" I have to select the row and then press the button.
How is it possible to just press the button to go to the detail page that matches that row?

I would appreciate it if you could tell me.

you could pass the value into a URL Hash Parameters in the Action Button in the selected row:

The details page would read that passed in url parameter by using:
{{urlparams.hash.value}} in the query that loads the data on the details page for that selected row.

Thank you very much.

I did not ask the question in the right way.

"{{companies_table.selectedRow.data.id}}"

With the above method, I need to select the row before pressing the button, right?

We want to eliminate that hassle.

How can I just press the button to go directly to the detail page without selecting the row before pressing the button?

The Action button should select the row when you click on the action button itself so there should not be a need for two steps such as select row and then click action button. Clicking the Action button only should work.

The Action button should select the row when you click on the action button itself so there should not be a need for two steps such as select row and then click action button. Clicking the Action button only should work.

I'm having trouble doing that...
Is there any way to set this up?

See below...

566F1971-E5CC-42DE-A158-9C60AC416CA8

Hi @MinamiHiroto! Is this still an issue you're looking into? If so, Retool gives you access to a couple of variables in defining your columns that may be helpful here! Could you try using {{currentRow.id}} instead of {{companies_table.selectedRow.data.id}}?

Best for me.
I did exactly what you said and it worked!
Thank you so much!

1 Like