How to connect Retool with Zoho CRM

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to connect Zoho CRM to my Retool app.
Does one of you have a good quickstart advises ?

Thanks

We don't currently have a native Zoho integration, but you can connect to almost any REST API (our API docs here) from Retool 😊 And here is a link to their API docs, just in case that's helpful!

Hello @victoria,
thanks a lot for your answer.
I will share my work here if someone is interested.

Hello Victoria,
The first video linked on this page - refers to Youtube - is not listed anymore.
https://docs.retool.com/docs/apis
Could you please fix it ?
Thanks

Hi Roland! I just tested and it seems like it's took me to this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chOzmgGPHVs

Is it taking you to a different link?

Hello @victoria , thanks for your answer.
It works.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
thanks to the Help of @Chris-Thompson and @ben I managed to connect Zoho & Retool so this is definitely doable.
The Zoho CRM documentation is not very explicite but you have to use the Oauth 2.0 flow and Retool very eases things.
Feel free to ask questions below if you have one.

Thanks, @rolandapercur! Here's an example of how we set this up:

1. Create the Server-based app within Zoho:

1. Enter in the Name and URLs, which should give generate client id and client secret:

1. Create a resource inside of Retool and create the following OAuth2 flow:

Note: You'll have to check and see which scopes you actually need for your application.

1. You should then be able to test this auth flow, and then confirm that you are successfully retrieving the access and refresh tokens:

3 Likes

how you guys manage this? zoho ask to generate a token every 60 minutes or on every request, how is that possible with retool? im struggling too with inventory api

Hello @agaitan026,

Did you tried Oauth 2.0 or something else ?

oauth, but dont know how to request that oauth on each request example

Hey @agaitan026! Are you using a refresh flow in Retool? https://docs.retool.com/docs/custom-api-authentication#refresh-auth-workflow

I didn't use that. Not sure how applies to Zoho Api

In case your api requirements are a bit more complex, you can use an api resource with custom auth to connect to your api!

Are you currently able to get your ideal flow connected to your Zoho Api through another service, like Postman?

1 Like

Yeah I will use refresh option it works

1 Like

Hey Everyone,

Please I tried following the instructions above but I was not able to connect Zoho to retool, the test OAuth integration with your own account button does not even show up on my production page.

Your kind assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Hey @omaks! Happy to look into this with you. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your current config, as well as any errors you're seeing?

Hello there,

I followed the different steps. It almost seemed to work but no OAuth session tokens are present.

Also, I get an error 500 : invalid_user when the test OAuth integration open up in Zoho.

Can you help me ?

The solution was simply to change the url from .com to .eu since Zoho servers are in different place for different customers.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
am trying to connect to Zoho invoice, and when i am logged in on the integretions i have this option to connect to other
but all am getting is zsc key how can i proced on this