Help Needed - App Building Error

Hi,

I've been working on building an app using Retool, and I've hit a bit of a snag. I'm encountering an error that's stumping me, and I could really use some assistance.

Here's the issue: When I try to integrate a new API endpoint into my app, I keep getting a "500 Internal Server Error" message. I've double-checked my endpoint URL, authentication credentials, and payload format, but I'm still not able to resolve the error.

I've searched through the Retool documentation and community forums, but haven't found a solution that fits my specific problem. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue when integrating APIs into their Retool apps?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello!

It might help to know the API you are working with to get an extra set of eyes on payload formatting and requirements as well as a screenshot or two of your queries and their setups.

When you say "integrate a new API" are you referring to setting up a resource for your app or something else?

Hi,

Thanks for your response!

I'm working with the Console API for integrating into my Retool app. The API documentation specifies the required payload format and authentication credentials, which I've double-checked to ensure accuracy.
I also check this : https://community.retool.com/t/an-unknown-error-occurred/looker but I can't able to find any solution.
Regarding your question about "integrating a new API," I'm indeed referring to setting up a resource for my app within Retool. I've configured the query with the appropriate HTTP method, endpoint URL, headers, and body parameters as outlined in the API documentation.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing these insights mate as I found it very much useful and informative.

Hi @miasmith Do you know if you're able to access the api with the same setup from another source - such as Postman?

If you post screenshots of your set up, we can try to help!