Feature Request: Customizable Sidebar Navigation Text Size

I would like to propose the addition of a new feature to Retool that allows users to customize the text size of the sidebar navigation. This feature would enhance user experience by providing greater control over the appearance of the navigation elements, catering to individual preferences and accessibility needs.

Benefits:

1. Personalization: Allowing users to adjust the text size in the sidebar navigation would enable them to tailor the application interface to their preferred reading comfort. Users with varying visual abilities or those who simply prefer larger or smaller text can easily adapt the layout to suit their needs.
  2. Accessibility: Customizable text size is crucial for ensuring that users with visual impairments or conditions that affect readability can comfortably navigate the application. By offering this feature, we demonstrate a commitment to making our application accessible to a wider range of users.
  3. Usability: Larger text sizes can enhance the overall usability of the application, particularly on devices with smaller screens. Users will be able to easily identify and select navigation options without straining their eyes or zooming in, contributing to a smoother and more efficient user experience.

Thanks for the feedback, @WolfSheep! I've shared this internally as well. I don't have a timeline yet, but I know we're tracking requests for controlling the text size

1 Like

Any updates on this?